We would all be lying if we said we would be doing things different. The reality is that we have never been in a situation like Ezekiel Elliott finds himself in. I’m not playing devil’s advocate, but the bottom line is this:
He will be 22 years old this Saturday.
He is the star running back for the Dallas Cowboys.
His name is already being mentioned among the all-time greats of the franchise – Tony Dorsett & Emmitt Smith.
He cruised to the NFL rushing title in his first season in the pros.
The problem is that he’s a fun outgoing personality who is always the life of the party. This can also be a good thing, if he learns to temper that personality and use it for the better of not only the franchise, but himself as well.
Tony Romo knows the position Ezekiel finds himself in, and he expects him to figure it out. Romo took over the starting role back in 2005, and quickly found himself being the face of the franchise, and quite possibly the most polarizing franchise in all of sports.
He jumped on with our friends at the “Ben and Skin Show” on 105.3 The Fan and decided to give his take on the young Elliott.
“With Zeke, he’s a friend and I know he’s a good kid and he’s just trying to find his way. He’s going to be in a position that’s always going to be in the spotlight. People are going to take photos. They’re going to talk about it.”
“I mean, a lot of people there are times in your career where you can go in two different directions and he’s figuring it out. Obviously, he’s made some choices he reflects back and wished he’d done it a little different, but at the same time, there’s just not a lot of people who are thrust into this spotlight this soon at that age. Really in the National Football League, there’s only a few of them.
“The fact that I know his personality and how much good he does off the field and how good he is with people, I think he’s going to figure it out and be fine.”
All of Cowboys Nation is sitting wondering and fearing the potential punishment that may be coming Elliott’s way.
Tomorrow, all of the veterans are expected to report to training camp in Oxnard, CA. Ezekiel Elliott will be there. Will his fun loving personality be on display as usual? I’m sure it will. Will he start using it for the better of the franchise and himself?
Time will tell.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee
- Texas Rangers Fanatic Podcast Episode 19: The holidays are not over w/ Wes Benjamin
- As Kristaps Porzingis returns, the Mavericks are poised to take the league by storm
- A couple takeaways from The Mavericks 104-93 win over the Hornets
- What to watch for as short-handed Mavericks face the Hornets
- Mark Cuban is open to hosting vaccinated healthcare workers for free at Mavs games later this season