Dylan: There’s always a natural inflation of whatever the Cowboys offensive firepower will be each season. Twitter/Instagram is ready to say they’ll score 40 points a game without a problem. While I’m not ready to go that far, I’m confident this will be a top ten offense in the NFL with a few games where they do cross the 40 point mark. I do believe that Zeke will be improved this year, so that could slow down their pace on a few series each game. They’ll be able to go on quick drives if the game calls for it, but the work in progress defense might make them be a little more conservative on offense in order to preserve time of possession.
What defensive player will you be focused on the most Thursday?
Juwan: For me it will be Randy Gregory. There’s a staple of players you could pick from, but this team needs a pass rusher. Am I expecting Gregory to be what the Cowboys paid DeMarcus Lawrence to be? No. But can he provide a taste of what Robert Quinn gave us in 2019? I hope so. I believe we know what you have in Lawrence, Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith. I know people are hoping Dan Quinn finds a way to replicate the defenses he had in Seattle, but for Dallas to see a glimpse of that type of secondary play it’ll need to start on the defensive line.
Dylan: I’ll be focused on Jaylon Smith the most on Thursday night. There were several media members who I trust seriously pondering if Dallas should just take whatever financial hit it would take to just move on from Smith this preseason. They didn’t go that route and with his salary, it will be interesting to see if the coaching staff feels any sort of obligation to try to get something out of him. Most are saying he’s the fourth or fifth best linebacker on the team, but he certainly doesn’t view himself that way. Week one likely won’t tell the story for the entire season, but it’s something to keep an eye on Thursday night.
- Recap: Cowboys dominate Eagles with big statement win in home opener on Monday Night Football
- Stat Check: 7 facts to know following the Cowboys’ week three win
- TweetCap: Fans react to Dallas’ blowout Monday night win over Philadelphia
- Jason Kidd already proving to be quite a change of pace as coach of the Mavericks
- Hoops Tank, episode 11: The most interesting things said or not said at Mavericks Media Day
- DSF Roundup: Writers give final thoughts on Cowboys, Eagles Monday night clash
- Game Preview: Last year’s Cowboys-Eagles meeting set the blueprint for this year’s offense
- Why the Rangers should bring back Charlie Culberson for another season
- Luka Doncic’s top five finish highlights three Mavericks in ESPN’s Top 100 NBArank
- FC Dallas interim head coach Marco Ferruzzi prepares for his first match