Even with a balanced game on both sides of the ball through three quarters, momentum had swung in favor of the Vikings following a 12-play, 81-yard drive that was capped off by a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins to Adam Thielen.
The ensuing extra point was good — giving Dallas a 24-21 lead.
A draw to Pollard set them up with a fourth-and-six.
Dalton stood poised in the pocket and lasered a sideline pass to Amari Cooper for a 10-yard gain.
Two minutes left, set up on MIN 19, Dallas moved into chew clock mode.
After a five-yard run from Elliott, Dalton connected with Shultz for a 10-yard pass that moved him down to the four.
A couple plays later, Dalton returned to Shultz for a two-yard go-ahead touchdown. The following extra point gave Dallas a 31-28 lead.
The Minnesota offense netted a total of four yards on their final drive of the game as the Cowboys earned their third win of the season.
Dallas returns home Thursday for a Thanksgiving Day matchup against Washington.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- Reactions after Mavs snap three-game losing streak against Pacers
- Mavericks visit the Pacers as both teams fight through major injuries
- Three takeaways as the depleted Mavericks lose their third straight to Toronto
- Dallas Stars Fanatic Podcast: Stars enter 2021 season with question marks after delayed start
- What to watch for as the Mavericks look to bounce back against Toronto
- A couple of takeaways from the Mavericks 117-101 loss to the Bulls.
- Photos: Mavs vs Bulls (January 17, 2021)
- Will the Mavs overcome late-game woes against the skidding Chicago Bulls?
- Predicting the 2021 Texas Rangers Roster Configuration: Outfield and DH
- Late game miscues stand out as Mavericks fall to the Bucks in Milwaukee