Even with a balanced game on both sides of the ball through three quarters, momentum had swung in favor of the Vikings following a 12-play, 81-yard drive that was capped off by a three-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins to Adam Thielen.
The ensuing extra point was good — giving Dallas a 24-21 lead.
A draw to Pollard set them up with a fourth-and-six.
Dalton stood poised in the pocket and lasered a sideline pass to Amari Cooper for a 10-yard gain.
Two minutes left, set up on MIN 19, Dallas moved into chew clock mode.
After a five-yard run from Elliott, Dalton connected with Shultz for a 10-yard pass that moved him down to the four.
A couple plays later, Dalton returned to Shultz for a two-yard go-ahead touchdown. The following extra point gave Dallas a 31-28 lead.
The Minnesota offense netted a total of four yards on their final drive of the game as the Cowboys earned their third win of the season.
Dallas returns home Thursday for a Thanksgiving Day matchup against Washington.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The 2021 Texas Rangers are actually pretty exciting
- What to watch for as Dallas heads north to face the Cavaliers
- First leg of the 2021 Texas Derby results in a 1-1 draw for FC Dallas
- The Good, the Bad, and the not so Ugly of the Texas Rangers the last few weeks
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets