With how the Dallas Cowboys have played in the first nine weeks it seemed players, coaches and fans needed a week to catch their breath from their 2-7 record.
And though the Cowboys boast their worst record since 2015, they’re still well within reach of earning a playoff spot, the division crown and a first-round home game.
Whether you fall on the line of tank or win games will determine how you view their last seven games.
Sunday, Dallas visits the Minnesota Vikings (4-5).
A team Mike McCathy spent 13 years battling in the NFC North.
Dallas is coming off one of their more complete showings against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Though it ended in a fourth-quarter comeback for the Steelers, it showed all hope is not lost if you’re still wishing to see this team in the postseason.
For one, Dallas has the easiest remaining schedule of those in the division – if they’re able to take care of their final three NFC East games.
But most importantly, Mike McCarthy has a solid track record of maximizing his teams ability to win games following the bye week.
He’s 75-52 in games post bye weeks – which includes his final two years where he went 6-13.
He’s also 8-5 in games immediately following the bye week.
2006 – 7-4
* (L) St. Louis Rams
2007 – 8-2
* (W) Washington Redskins
2008 – 2-7
2009 – 9-3
*(L) Minnesota Vikings
2010 – 4-3
2011 – 8-1
2012 – 5-2
*(W) Arizona Cardinals
2013 – 7-5-1
2014 – 7-1
2015 – 4-6
2016 – 8-5
2017 – 3-6
2018 – 3-7
*indicates game immediately following the bye week. (Record = W/L in games after a bye)
McCarthy noted that the Cowboys had a mock game-type practice on Monday and that Andy Dalton was a full participant and that he had a good day. When asked about Dalton starting, he said they would have to get through the whole week of practice first.
Asked if the Cowboys players had a particular pep in their steam on Monday as a direct result of Sunday’s results within the NFC East, McCarthy said that energy was definitely high, but that he doesn’t believe it was necessarily in relation to Week 10’s action. He thought it was from the team being well-rested after the bye week.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- The 2021 Texas Rangers are actually pretty exciting
- What to watch for as Dallas heads north to face the Cavaliers
- First leg of the 2021 Texas Derby results in a 1-1 draw for FC Dallas
- The Good, the Bad, and the not so Ugly of the Texas Rangers the last few weeks
- What to watch for as the Mavericks host the Cavs
- Mavericks hold on to force fourth-straight loss for Irving, Nets
- Photos: Mavs vs Nets (May 6, 2021)
- Five realistic free agents Dallas should consider post-draft
- NFL Draft Review: How much potential does Wright have to contribute?
- What to watch for as the Mavs look to knock off the Nets