With how the Dallas Cowboys have played in the first nine weeks it seemed players, coaches and fans needed a week to catch their breath from their 2-7 record.
And though the Cowboys boast their worst record since 2015, they’re still well within reach of earning a playoff spot, the division crown and a first-round home game.
Whether you fall on the line of tank or win games will determine how you view their last seven games.
Sunday, Dallas visits the Minnesota Vikings (4-5).
A team Mike McCathy spent 13 years battling in the NFC North.
Dallas is coming off one of their more complete showings against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Though it ended in a fourth-quarter comeback for the Steelers, it showed all hope is not lost if you’re still wishing to see this team in the postseason.
For one, Dallas has the easiest remaining schedule of those in the division – if they’re able to take care of their final three NFC East games.
But most importantly, Mike McCarthy has a solid track record of maximizing his teams ability to win games following the bye week.
He’s 75-52 in games post bye weeks – which includes his final two years where he went 6-13.
He’s also 8-5 in games immediately following the bye week.
2006 – 7-4
* (L) St. Louis Rams
2007 – 8-2
* (W) Washington Redskins
2008 – 2-7
2009 – 9-3
*(L) Minnesota Vikings
2010 – 4-3
2011 – 8-1
2012 – 5-2
*(W) Arizona Cardinals
2013 – 7-5-1
2014 – 7-1
2015 – 4-6
2016 – 8-5
2017 – 3-6
2018 – 3-7
*indicates game immediately following the bye week. (Record = W/L in games after a bye)
McCarthy noted that the Cowboys had a mock game-type practice on Monday and that Andy Dalton was a full participant and that he had a good day. When asked about Dalton starting, he said they would have to get through the whole week of practice first.
Asked if the Cowboys players had a particular pep in their steam on Monday as a direct result of Sunday’s results within the NFC East, McCarthy said that energy was definitely high, but that he doesn’t believe it was necessarily in relation to Week 10’s action. He thought it was from the team being well-rested after the bye week.
2020 NFL Draft Recap
It was almost too good to be true. That was the sentiments echoing around...
Go back and look at any creditable mock draft and try to find one...
Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN.com – Xavier McKinney, S School: Alabama | Year: Junior “McKinney called...
COVID-19 Latest News and Information
- In the season of giving thanks, let’s all follow the example of Rangers’ Jose Trevino
- Surveying the Mavericks place in the Western Conference pecking order after free agency
- Ranking the Mavericks recent City Edition jerseys with the 2020-2021 version now official
- Thoughts on the Mavericks roster after the first weekend of NBA Free Agency
- Game Recap: Cowboys earn third win behind fourth-quarter play
- Mavs bring back Cauley-Stein on two-year deal
- Mavericks agree to terms with Wes Iwundu
- Mavericks trade Delon Wright and Justin Jackson in a deal focused on keeping options open in the future
- Is it Fair to Call Joey Gallo’s 2020 Season a Regression?
- Re-signing of Trey Burke brings back Mavericks bubble spark plug